Dave Lucas, CIC
Tips To Reduce or Prevent Water and Sewer Losses
- Have an annual inspection completed
- Check the sump pump monthly by pouring a bucket of water into the crock
- Install a battery operated alarm
- Install a back up sump pump, water or battery powered (average cost is $350)
- Schedule a pump replacement. Average pump life is 7 to 10 years.
- Purchase a generator
- Install a secondary pump if one is running all the time
- Maintain the area surrounding the sump pump. It can get cluttered with laundry, debris, etc.
- Consult a plumber to inspect and advise